IP and Startups – Gold or Fool’s Gold
Monday, July 20
11:45AM - 12:45PM
Bellagio Raphael 2
3600 S Las Vegas Blvd
Lee & Hayes LLC - Partner/Patent Atty
Intellectual property is a company’s most valuable asset, but how should organizations go about protecting it? This interactive core conversation will discuss the pros and cons of planning, obtaining, and maintaining intellectual property as it relates to both high tech and low tech startups. While investing in intellectual property is critical to an organization’s success, the process can be costly and resource-intensive. During this conversation, Andrew will address the benefits and tradeoffs associated with allocating hard earned investment dollars towards intellectual property as opposed to other growing business needs. Andrew also will propose several models for structuring a startup's intellectual property and lead a discussion relating the different models as they apply to different industries. The discussion will also relate each model to a startup's business plan, funding opportunities, exit strategies, and best and worst case scenarios.
1. How should my new venture begin to develop an intellectual property strategy that informs and supports the company’s current situation, growth, and ultimately the company's end goals?
2. What piece should intellectual property play with respect to marketing and branding my venture?
3. How should my venture weigh the costs and benefits associated with obtaining intellectual property?
- Event Type:
- Core Conversation
- Business Development and Strategy
- funding intellectual property startups
← Back to Schedule